Friday, April 18, 2008

Playdate with Bell


This is a photo of Piper and her new friend, Bell. They had a great playdate on Tues and both dogs behaved very well. Bell belongs to my friend Amy and is a Beagle-Lab mix. Amy has been worried that no dogs like Bell. Piper was her baseline shy, but the dogs had a few moments of play also. When not playing, both dogs seemed to get along well. Bell is a very bright and energetic little dog. I am trying to talk Amy into getting her started in Agility. Amy didn't know what that was. I have my work cut out for me on this thought.
Piper continues to do well in class. She is getting more comfortable and I think she is starting to enjoy herself too. Belinda thinks she may eventually pass the Canine Good Citizen. Which impresses me. I thought her shyness would get in the way, but Belinda assures me she can be trained to tolerate the test and pass. I hope she is right. It would be great to have a therapy dog title too, but I just don't know how a shy dog could be theraputic. Any suggestions?
The weather here is wonderful and we are all enjoying being outside. Piper and Truman have settled into a nice playful friendship. Truthfully, I think Piper gets bored on the days she doesn't play with him. Which isn't very often.

1 comment:

Steg56 said...

Piper was here today as was Truman and Mittens. They were ALL playing "mad dog" with one another. I don't think I've ever seen anything as funny as that. They should all be tired and sleep well tonight.


Piper enjoying the snow