Sunday, July 27, 2008

Piper's Weekend Homework

Hi all.
Piper continues her training. This weekend, Wendy gave us the assignment to train in a public place. She suggested a parking lot. So when Holly and did our weekly splurge at the Dairy Queen, we took the dogs too. Mom and Dad and Denise also joined us. Mom was not pleased about her furry grandchildren being out in a parking lot so close to the main road. But all was fine.
Piper and I worked on her attention and she was actually better than I thought. She was paying more attention to me than the people and the cars. There was a lot of activity, but she was very hungry. So the treats were the key. I had her attention for several seconds and almost had it during heeling. She was able to watch the treat in my hand and I think we are very close to moving the treat up so she learns to watch me. I enclosed a photo of her from the parking lot to prove to Wendy that we were there. I really didn't paint that yellow line on my drive way either.
Holly and Truman continue their training. They worked on socializing, which is pretty easy for Truman. He is a very social guy. Piper is fine to have people ignore her, but she was social with a few people. An accomplishment for her.
We are off on Tues and will be returning to class. I hope she is happy about being there this time.

No comments:


Piper enjoying the snow