Tuesday, March 25, 2008

First day of school


Hello. Piper had her first day of obedience class today and she did very well. She is still very shy but luckily she will take food from strangers. This is helping her improve. We will be spending our spring working on her social skills. As for class, she is a quick learning and aims to please. Her instructors are excellent and compete with their dogs in many sports. I can only hope to be as active with Piper.


I am greatful for Al's game of "get the mouse". I used it to get her attention and to calm her. It was a success. Thanks to Morgan for helping with game.


Makenna was also in class with her Great Dane Murphy. She has a lot of potential for a junior handler and her dog adores her. I think Murphy will do just about anything for her.


We tried to get pictures of both dogs after class, but neither one of them are very solid on their sit-stays. Maybe by the end of the session, we will have a photo op for this blog. I'll keep everyone posted.


That is all for now. Piper is fast asleep after her first day of school. Thanks to Donna and Doreen, her breeders, for giving me a dog with such potential. I can wait to see how far she will go!







1 comment:

Steg56 said...

I am sure both she AND you will do well in school.


Piper enjoying the snow