Friday, March 21, 2008

Trip to the vet

Today was Piper's yearly trip to the vet. She was amazing. She is very tolerant of the exam and sitting on the table.
She had half her vaccines today and did very well. Last year, she had several vaccines at once and had a reaction. Who knows which one caused it. All I know, is that once I got her home, I thought I had made a huge mistake and adopted the ugliest puppy. Her eyes and lips swelled to 3x their size and she was terribly unattractive. Thankfully, she was back in the office in a few minutes and received Benadryl. All was normal a few minutes later.
We didn't have a repeat this year. Piper is as beautiful as the day I brought her home. She is up to 27 lbs and her coat is really coming in. Just in time to blow it out for spring. Will get photos of that experience.

1 comment:

diane said...

I'm jelous of those large, full lips--sounds like her name should be Angelina!!!


Piper enjoying the snow